No one needs to shovel on pounds of makeup to be beautiful. There are many natural ways you can help to bring out the beauty you were born with. At times, wearing too much makeup can have the opposite effect and make you seem even less confident about the way you look. If it looks extremely overdone it can even be a turn-off for men.
Beauty is a relative term in itself. It is really in the eye of the beholder and comes in all shapes and sizes. Everyone has a natural beauty about them and if you add a natural confidence to it, you’ve got a winning formula.
We live in a commercialized world where branding, advertising and popular culture influence the way we see ourselves. Yet there are many ways you can bring out your natural beauty without spending an arm and a leg. Here are a few of the most popular ways to work with what God gave you and rock at being you!
- Exfoliate your skin: You should gently exfoliate your skin to waken it up and give it a beautiful healthy glow. A word of caution, though. You should only exfoliate at the most twice a week, as over-exfoliating could leave you prone to severe breakouts.
- Healthy liquids: Ensure that you take in a lot of healthy liquids. A great rule of thumb is 4 to 5 litres of cool water. Water flushes toxins out of the body and helps give your skin a natural glow. Of course limiting your daily alcohol intake will also help loads with giving you a beautiful natural look. As will avoiding drinking caffeinated drinks.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible: Where possible, it is certainly advisable to stay out of the sun. When you are in the sun, wear a sufficient sunscreen to prevent UV damage to your skin.
- Moisturize your skin: Moisturizers increase the skin's water content to both protect skin and make the skin appear smoother. Moisturizing treats dry, tired looking skin and makes the skin appear younger looking.
There are a few great ways you can use natural ingredients to make homemade beauty products. You don’t even need to buy materials as you probably have these lying around the house anyway. Here are a few tips for natural beauty products:
- Coffee grounds as a natural exfoliator: Take a quarter cup coffee grounds and mix together with a cup of egg white. Spread over your face and allow it to dry completely. Rub off and rinse.
- Coffee grounds to help reduce cellulite: Use ½ cup of coffee grounds with quarter cup brown sugar. Rub a small amount of olive oil over the cellulite area then rub the grounds mixture in a circular motion. Continue doing this for up to five minutes and then rinse.