It is not always easy to see one’s age reflected in the mirror. However, there are definite ways how you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face. Whether you’re 33 and just beginning to see the signs of wrinkles, or entering your 50s and your skin isn’t as supple as it always was, looking for ways to reduce the appearance of wrinkles is probably at the top of your agenda.
There are definite things you can do to help your face keep your birthday a secret. Here are a few of the top ways people are hiding the years in their faces:
- Avoid the sun: Many people start to regret their years of sun tanning and spending hours upon hours at the beach. The sun is the number one cause of wrinkles, with many studies confirming this. While you can’t get back the years to make better decisions, you can adopt better habits right now. Avoid harsh sun exposure on your skin for any amount of time.
- Wear sunscreen: If you have to go into the sun, wear sunscreen, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. It will not only help to protect you from wrinkles but will also protect you from skin cancer at the same time.
- Get enough sleep: When you don’t get enough sleep your body will produce excess amounts of cortisol. This hormone breaks down your skin’s cells. If you get enough sleep then the body will produce more human growth hormone. This hormone will help the skin to remain more elastic and thick, which makes it far less likely to wrinkle.
- Don’t smoke: There is research that confirms that cigarettes age the skin. This is done when the smoke releasing enzymes break down elastin and collagen, both important components of healthy skin.
- Use anti-wrinkle cream: There are so many anti-wrinkles creams on the market that are effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Make sure that your anti-wrinkle creams contain tested ingredients such as alpha-hydroxy acids, to name a few. These ingredients, among others, are known to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
You should benefit from cutting edge technology that the anti-wrinkle serum market makes available to you. This, coupled with your healthy lifestyle habits will help you to keep the wrinkles at bay and look half your age!