The best way to prevent wrinkles is stop them from forming in the first place. Skin loses moisture and elasticity, making it prone to wrinkles as we age. Your genes only govern 30% of how you age; the other 70% is affected by lifestyle choices.  One of the best gifts you can give your skin is to protect it from the sun. The formation of wrinkles is caused by mutations. A study found that aged skin that hadn't been exposed to the sun had about 3,800 genetic mutations, whereas skin that had been exposed to the sun had around 10,000 mutations in the same genes.

 

What are some other things you can do to help prevent wrinkles?

 

  1. Load up on antioxidants. Whether it’s eating, drinking or slathering on the anti-oxidants these anti-aging friendly molecules help your body defend against free radicals. Radicals can latch onto your DNA and cause the mutations that cause wrinkles. Using wrinkle creams that contain anti-oxidants are a great way to combat wrinkles and fine lines.

  2. Splash cold water on your face. This stimulates micro-circulation. Splashing the face with cold water contracts the pores, sealing them off from allowing contamination by the spreading of dirt and bacteria. Cold water also helps to regulate body temperature, slows the heart rate, and reduces anxiety. Athletes use cold water as a post workout-strategy to help muscles recover by decreasing inflammation and swelling. In terms of facial anti-aging the cold water helps to reduce puffy eyes, tighten pores, promotes blood circulation and enhances the brightness of the face, and tones the face and allows the skin to look young longer.

  3. Sleep on your back. Sleeping on the back helps prevent the sheets and pillows from causing sleep lines which can eventually become wrinkles.

  4. Stop Smoking. Smoking can damage collagen, and the lip pursing that comes with smoking directly creates wrinkles. Smokers are almost 5 times more likely to show excessive wrinkling than nonsmokers.

  5. Don’t squint. Wearing sunglasses helps to prevent squinting, which contributes to wrinkling around your eyes. In addition, the sunglasses protect the delicate skin around your eyes from the sun.



    Remember, one of the easiest and long lasting benefits for treating your skin and combating wrinkles it to apply a wrinkle cream every morning and night.  This helps address the important skin care concerns of moisturizing and protecting facial skin. Look for a wrinkle product with hydrating moisturizing agents Acid) and Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic  protective antioxidants such as Alpha lipoic or A-lipoic acid. For best wrinkle fighting choose a wrinkle-fighting cream that is formulated with peptides – look for Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. Peptides are an amino acid and the one skincare ingredient you need to combat wrinkles. Peptides help to produce collagen, rebuilding and replenishing collagen shows positive results for anti-aging. Follow wrinkle creams on Facebook.