Contrary to popular opinion it is not only aging that brings on the wrinkles. There is a whole host of factors—like prolonged exposure to sun, lifestyle habits like smoking and keeping late nights, and a diet that keeps you nutrient deficient, that may cause wrinkles and fine lines in people as young as in their late 20s. Thankfully, dermatologists and research have found out the various ways and means by which you can keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay. Here are some easy-to-follow tips:
- Wear a sunscreen. The harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun are probably the biggest culprits of them all, and there are countless medical studies to testify to this fact! If you cannot avoid going out, then wear a sunscreen and dollops of it, when you are out in the sun. Being burned is painful and miserable, the cost of the sunscreen is well worth it.
- Banish the cigarette. It is known that wrinkles start to appear when the skin loses its elasticity and becomes thin. Smoking is known break down collagen and elastin, two components that impart elasticity to the skin, and also make the skin thinner. So, here’s another incentive to quit smoking!
- Get your “beauty sleep.” The moniker couldn’t have been more apt. When you do not receive adequate sleep, your body produces cortisol that breaks down the cells in the skin. This leads to the formation of wrinkles.
- Tuck more into fruits and vegetables. Apart from keeping your weight under control, by including more fruits and vegetables in your daily diet, they keep you looking younger. This is because these natural products are rich in antioxidants, which are substances that reverse the effects of harmful free radicals that are known to speed the aging process.
- Relish fish, particularly salmon. Salmon and other cold water fish like tuna, sardine, herring, and mackerel pack in ample protein, which is one of the most important components that make up skin. Besides protein, cold water fish also contain omega-3, an essential fatty acid that is known to nourish the skin, provide more elasticity, and thus help keep it wrinkle-free.
- Apply a moisturizer daily. Wrinkles and fine lines are more noticeable on dry skin. So applying moisturizer daily will not only keep dryness at bay but will also reduce wrinkle appearance.
- Apply a wrinkle cream regularly. There are many on the market that have powerful moisturizing, skin repairing, and collagen-enhancing agents as well as antioxidants to not only keep wrinkles from forming but also help repair damaged skin cells.
There you go! The above are the very least that you can do for your skin and if you follow the above-mentioned tips to a T, you will manage to look younger even without concealers and layers of makeup.